quinta-feira, 11 de março de 2010

Sophie's Choice

Yesterday, I saw another classic: Sophie's Choice. A film by Alan J. Pakula with Meryl Streep whose performance ranked #3 on Premiere Magazine's 100 Greatest Performances of All Time (2006).
The film is good. Not great. For me it looks too much of a stage play. The acting is definitely the best thing in the movie. Kevin Kline in one of his first roles is really good, although sometimes falls on the overacting error in my opinion. But the reason why I'm mentioning this movie here is very simply because of Meryl Streep's performance. I think it's probably the best performance I've seen in a film ever. Besides speaking two or three languages fluently in the film, the emotional range she shows to be capable is probably unique. And in the most dramatic scene of the movie (where the title comes from) is one of the most moving scenes ever.
Though the film does not make the list, I definitely recommed people to watch it just to see a master at work.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário