domingo, 7 de março de 2010

oscar night

Oscar night is about to start. Here are a few predictions and personal favorites.

Best Picture

Nominees:

Avatar
The Blind Side
District 9
An Education
The Hurt Locker
Inglorious Basterds
Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire
A Serious Man
Up
Up in the Air

I've seen 6 out of 10, and of those 6, the one I definitely enjoyed more was Inglorious Basterds. However, I don't think the movie stands a chance. With the nem voting system, I guess The Hurt Locker has good chances. I definitily liked it more than I liked Avatar. Avatar promises to save the industry. And it has a bit of a green message too. It's very easy to win. So, my favorite: Inglorious Basterds; My bet: Avatar

Best Director

Kathryn Bigelow- The Hurt Locker
James Cameron- Avatar
Lee Daniels- Precious
Jason Reitman- Up in the Air
Quentin Tarantino- Inglorious Basterds

Once again, Tarantino is my favorite and once again, doesn't stand a chance. Kathryn Bigelow has one great strenght, besides the movie obviously: She's a woman in a category where no woman has ever won. And it's about time. However, James Cameron is definitely the man behind the movie. Avatar would be nothing without Cameron and the Academy may want say something about that.
My favorite: Tarantino
My bet: Bigelow


Best Actor
Jeff Bridges- Crazy Heart
George Clooney- Up in the Air
Colin Firth- A Single Man
Morgan Freeman- Invictus
Jeremy Renner- The Hurt Locker

Morgan Freeman was very well but it was not a demanding role. Jeremy Renner was really good but I think he will de dismissed this year. George Clooney is just himself. The fight is between Jeff Bridges and Colin Firth. Last year, a man portraying a gay won. Since the academy has a tendency to compensate for political correctness, Firth will probably not win. And Jeff Bridges is exactly what the americans love. I dont have a favorite. My bet: Jeff Bridges.

Best Actress

Sandra Bullock- The Blind Side
Helen Mirren- The Last Station
Carey Mulligan- An Education
Gabourey Sidibe- Precious
Meryl Streep- Julie & Julia

I only saw Carey Mulligan and I wouldn't mind at all if she won. But it's not my best. Meryl Streep has been nominated 12 times since 1982 and never won since then. It may be her night. But I heard Sandra Bullock was really good. My bet: Bullock ( don't mind losing this one).

Best Supporting Actor

Matt Damon- Invictus
Woody Harrelson- The Messenger
Christopher Plummer- The Last Station
Stanley Tucci- The Lovely Bones
Christoph Waltz- Inglorious Basterds

Christoph Waltz is 70% of Inglorious Basterds. My favorite and my bet.

Best Supporting Actress

Penelope Cruz- Nine
Vera Farmiga- Up in the Air
Anna Kendrick- Up in the Air
Mo'Nique- Precious
Maggie Gyllenhaal- Crazy Heart

Mo'nique and Gyllenhaal are the only dramatic roles. Since Crazy Heart will get best actor. Maggie Gyllenhaal cannot win. Mo'nique is my bet.

Best Original Screenplay

The Hurt Locker
Inglorious Basterds
The Messenger
A Serious Man
Up

My favorite: Inglorious Basterds. My bet: Inglorious Basters

Best Adapted Screenplay

District 9
An Education
In the Loop
Precious
Up in the Air

An Education is wonderfully written by Nick Hornby. I would say it's my favorite. But my bet is for Up in the Air, specially if it doesn't get any other oscar.

Best Animated Feature

Coraline
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Up
The Princess and the Frog
The Secret of Kells

Up will win.

Best Foreign Language Film

Ajami
El Secreto de Sus Ojos
The Milk of Sorrow
The White Ribbon
Un Prophète

Unfortunately, I haven't seen none. From the hype of it, The White Ribbon is my bet.

And now the Oscars are about to start. Enjoy

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário