quarta-feira, 22 de abril de 2009

And now the artists

I noticed that I've been talking a lot about movies, neglecting the other topics.
So here is a post about music. In an earlier post, I said I've been listening to some new artists. Well, now I'd like to say that among them there are two names that already made the list of 20 artists (see first post for explanation) and the names are: Elbow and Tim Christensen.

Elbow is a very interesting band. I can't exactly name the type of music, but I can tell you that at times reminds me of Radiohead, and other times reminds me of Sigur Ros.
One particular music (that I would say doesn't sound like either of these bands) captivated me. 'Grounds for Divorce' has a very powerful riff. The song appeared recently on the trailer for 'Burn after reading' of the Coen Brothers (Here I am talking about movies again). You can check it here.

The other artist is Tim Christensen who has a style that goes from simple voice and guitar to other much more powerful songs. A very nice surprise is 'Whispering at the top of my lungs'.

I hope you enjoy them both.

1 comentário:

  1. Just listened to a few snippets of Tim Christensen's musics on iTunes. Looks really cool. I'm currently fighting the urge to click the Buy button... :-)

    ResponderEliminar