quinta-feira, 19 de março de 2009

2001: A Space Odyssey

As much as I like movies, the truth is that there a lot of classics that I never saw like "The Maltese Falcon""or "A streetcar named desire". Until a couple of days ago "2001 - Space Odyssey" was on that list. Well. it is not anymore. I saw it, and it went straight to another list, the list of my favorite movies, and will definitely be a part of the 30 movies that I established as a goal for the duration of my pos-doc. It's an absolutely incredible experience.

I will not say anything about the movie plot, but I believe that some people may find the movie a bit slow paced. In fact, there are only 40min of dialogue in a more than 2 hour movie. But as Kubric said, the movie was supposed to be more of a visual experience. And indeed it is. Just for the visual effects alone, the movie should be considered mandatory. But it's much more than that. The story may seem a bit mysterious, but that leaves space for your own interpretations which I also appreciate in a movie.
Though the ending may seem a bit like taken from the Cremaster cycle, it did not disappoint me, as it simply elicited my motivation to learn more about it. It is a movie that really captivated me and that is exactly what I look for in movies.
Do watch it if you have the chance.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário