quinta-feira, 19 de fevereiro de 2009

The best thing about Revolutionary Road

A short note on a film I saw yesterday: “Revolutionary Road” (coincidentally, I just saw on the comments are that Sara recommended it yesterday). It will not be a part of the 30 amazing movies of this blog, but is deserves two comments.

a) Leonardo DiCaprio offers a wonderful performance, at least as good as Kate Winslet’s, and all I hear is about Kate Winslet’s performance. Many times I have some difficulty in appreciating Leonardo DiCaprio’s performances, but this was one time that I was just amazed with his acting.

b) The best thing of the movie (for me) is Michael Shannon’s performance that the Academy acknowledged by nominating him for an Oscar for best performance in a supporting role. His character is absolutely delicious and I was always waiting for the character to show up again. The last time I had felt that was with Heath Ledger’s Joker in “The Dark Knight”. But, in any case, Heath Ledger’s performance is superior, and there is a strong chance that he’ll get the Oscar. But I’m still going to see Josh Brolin in Milk before the Oscars…

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário