sexta-feira, 2 de março de 2012

Three years later

It's been more than three years since I've started this blog, which was the planned duration for this blog. The original goal of this blog was to document my experiences with four things I really enjoy. Specifically, I was hoping that at the end of the three years I had created a list of 30 amazing movies, 20 great new artists (new to me!), 10 captivating books and 10 unforgettable wines. Incredibly, the list of wines was the only to get to the goal. This has two explanations. On the one hand, I’ve been very interested in wine in the last couple of years. On the other hand, regarding the movies, I can estimate that I have seen at least 10 times the number of movies I’ve listed here. There was however a period when I saw a lots of good movies but I was too lazy to report it at the blog. What’s really shameful is how little I’ve read. I know I’ve read more than two books in three years (!!!) but none stuck in my mind and I did have a very low level of reading in the last year or two.
Now that I’ve finished these first three years, and that luckily I was able to get a renewal of my contract for another three years of post doc, I want to make it up for the lacunae in these lists:

Movies:
1) Slumdog Millionaire
2) 2001 Space Odissey
3) Dr Strangelove
4) It's a wonderful life
5) JFK
6) In the Valley of Elah
7) In Bruges
8) The graduate
9) The Godfather
10) Inglorious Basterds
11) Garden State
12) The Hurt Locker
13) An education
14) Chinatown
15) El secreto de sus ojos
16) The social network
17) Black swan
18) Another year
19) On the waterfront
20) The tree of life
21) Super 8


Books:

1) The lady with the dragon tattoo
2) The Road

Artists:

1) Tim Christensen
2) Elbow
3) Orquestra Imperial
4) Tom Caruana
5) Self

Wines:

1) 3 Bagos Lavradores de Feitoria (Douro - White)
2) Cortes de Cima 2006 (Alentejo - Red)
3) Dolium (Alentejo - Red)
4) Callabriga 2007 (Douro - Red)
5) Passadouro Reserva 2004 (Douro - Red)
6) S de Soberanas (Terras do Sado – Red)
7) Malhadinha 2007 (Alentejo – Red)
8) Douro Conceito 2009 (Douro – White)
9) Paulo Laureano Premium 2008 (Alentejo – Red)
10) Casa Santa Vitória 2008 (Alentejo – Red)

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário