terça-feira, 20 de março de 2012

Artist #6 - Feist

I knew Feist already for many years ago, but only a couple of songs. A few nights ago I went to her concert in Lisbon. Even though I didn’t know it very well, I hadn’t gone to a concert in a long time and this seemed like a good opportunity. I’ve listened to a couple more songs before the concert, but it was during and after the concert that I came to know more of this wonderful artist. She’s a Canadian singer that has acted both solo and within other projects, namely the indie band Broken Social Scene. The concert was amazing. Feist is a very nice, very warm and very passionate performer. She’s not one of those artists who gets on a stage performs the songs one after another without connecting to the audience and goes home. No, she really interacts with the public, tells you stories, teaches you dance moves, invites you to help in on the songs, brings people on to the stage. Besides, she has an amazing voice and is accompanied by a great band and especially great back-up vocals. I enjoyed all the songs and left the concert with a will to listen to more and more of this unique artist. It’s what I’ve been doing lately and will continue so in the future. Definitely, an artist to follow. I leave you with a song that provided one of the most energetic moments of the concert.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário