terça-feira, 30 de junho de 2009

Back with 2 more wines

I'm back.
While I was away I enjoyed two very nice wines.
One is definitely better than the other but the two deserve to be mentioned here.

a) Wine #4: Callabriga. Another wine from the Douro Region. This one from Casa Ferreirinha.
Contrary to the other wine that I will mention here, this one was ready to drink as soon as the cork was out.
Here are some tasting notes (not mine) in Portuguese:
O Callabriga foi produzido na Região do Dão duma mistura das castas Tinta Roriz, Touriga Nacional e Alfrocheiro Preto, exprimindo a vivacidade sensorial característica da região. Apresenta uma cor vermelha profunda com aromas vivos de frutos frescos e maduros, e tem algumas notas resinosas e ervas aromáticas. Encorpado, é abundante e firme nos taninos, com a acidez viva. Esta acidez está ainda presente no final frutado e vivo.
They suggest this wine to go with meat, but for me it was a perfect company for a very nice gilthead seabream (Dourada).

b) Wine #5: Passadouro Reserva 2004. Once more, a fine Douro wine. This wine is clearly superior to Callabriga, uncomparable I would say. I coudn't find some tasting notes, aside from some common comments that I can certainly agree with: Rich full bodied wine, red fruit, vanilla.
It takes some time to be in a condition to be enjoyed. I waited almost two hours before I considered it to be ready, but it was definitely worth the wait. It is another wine by Dirk van der Niepoort, a dutch youngman who took care of the independent family business that exists in the Douro region since 1842. I still haven'd had a Niepoort wine that I did not enjoy.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário