sexta-feira, 20 de maio de 2011

Wine # 8 - Douro Conceito 09

A couple of weeks before going back to Nijmegen, I went to a place in Lisbon that procrastination had kept me from trying for a long time. The place is called Goliardos near Avenida da Liberdade, closer to Praça da Alegria. It's a wine bar with some great wines, good ambiance but no so good service (at least not very attemptive). I tried Douro Conceito 09 which is a very soft, very pleasant wine from the Douro region as the name insists on announcing. Luckily this is a wine with tasting notes in English:

Taut and intense nose with fresh citrus and grapefruit pith notes, as well as some white peach and intense toastiness. The palate is broad but well defined with nuts, toast, citrus, spice and good acidity. Really fine and burgundian with potential for development.

As I'm no expert it's hard for me to complement on these tasting notes but I can certainly vouch for the fresh citurs notes and the good acidity. It was a good first wine to a not so great first time in this place but that left me with the will to come back and give the place, and especially the service, another chance.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário