terça-feira, 3 de novembro de 2009

Not all classics are good

In the vein of my thirst for classics that started a couple of years ago, I saw West Side Story last night. And it was important, because I realized that not all classics are good. I actually did not like the film. And it's not that I don't like musicals, because The Sound of Music is one of my personal favorites and it is by the same director (Robert Wise). So, it's not that. It's just that the film is boring, the plot is a very loose, very weak adaptation of Romeo and Juliet. The choreographs are poor, with the exception of the musical number: Cool. The acting is pitiful. The lyrics are not inspiring (except for Gee, Officer Krupke). Some of the musics are catchy like I Feel Pretty, and some are beautiful and classic like Maria (I just met a girl named Maria...), but all in all, most of the times I felt bored by the movie. I do not recommend it but I can totally understand those who may like it. It just didn't feel right.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário